We don't know what's frequently asked until they are asked frequently, or maybe even just a really good question that's asked only once. So let us know if your question isn't listed.Other Questions?
The major U.S. carriers (e.g., AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc.) are requiring that brands and campaigns (i.e., message samples) be registered in an effort to reduce spam and possibly increase throughput.
The Campaign Registry is the independent agency these major carriers have contracted as their reputation authority of business messaging on 10dlc.
Red Oxygen will help register your account and advise on how to stay compliant.
This should not affect Office 2007-2021 users.
As of September 2023 Microsoft 365 will not be supporting COM add-ins on the newest version Outlook, meaning the current Red Oxygen Office SMS solution will not work with the update, or any other COM add-in you’re currently using.
But have no fear, while Red Oxygen puts the final touches on our new software solution you can continue using Office SMS on the classic version of Microsoft 365’s Outlook application (don’t toggle to the new version) or the Office 2007- 2021 applications.
Red Oxygen is on top of it and will be unveiling our new software in the coming weeks—stay tuned.
Your daily message limit is set to 10 by default.
To have this changed your account administrator or contact Red Oxygen support.
If you are an account administrator you can change user limits under Users.
A user can send text messages. An administrator can manage an account.
For an administrator to send messages they must also be added as a user…best to use the same password for your administrator login and your your user login to avoid confusion in the future.
The most likely reason for this, is during your trial account you can only send messages to the number you supplied on the sign-up form. This restriction will be removed once you sign up for a paid account.
If you need to send messages to another person, or plan on using bulk messaging and need to test with a list, just contact support and they’ll hook you up.
To do this:
- Log onto: https://www2.redoxygen.net
- Click the “Administration” tab
- Click the “Administrators” sub-tab
To do this:
- Login to: https://www2.redoxygen.net
- Click the “Administration” tab
- Click the “Users” sub-tab
If you have any troubles or questions: Submit a support ticket.
- To get a new installation code…
- Click the “Tools” menu in Microsoft Outlook
- Click “Office SMS Options…”
- Click the “Account Settings” tab
- Click “Account Management”
- Click “Create or update new Office SMS account on server
There are a few possible causes for this…
One of the Outlook plug-ins installed on your computer is conflicting with Office SMS. To check this:
- Click the “Help” menu in Microsoft Outlook and click “About Microsoft Outlook”
- Click “Disabled Items”
- If Office SMS is listed, then it has been disabled
- The Office SMS toolbar has been turned off. To check this:
- Click the “View” menu in Microsoft Outlook and click “Toolbars”
- Ensure that “Office SMS” is turned on
There is some other problem pertaining to Microsoft Outlook. To fix this:
- Click the “Help” menu in Microsoft Outlook and click “Detect and Repair…”
- Click “Start”
- Re-install Office SMS
Please submit a support ticket and they help get it taken care of.
Ensuring that each and every one of your time-critical bulk messages reach their intended recipients is essential. However, the increasingly strict anti-SPAM policies of carriers are blocking good messages along with the bad. Below, we offer our three best tips to ensure all your important bulk SMS messages are successfully delivered.
- In the U.S.? Make sure you’re registered. Plain and simple, unregistered companies and message will be blocked and/or fined.
- Personalize SMS – By personalizing your outgoing bulk messages with recipients’ names or other unique content, you minimize the appearance of duplicate content, thereby reducing the risk of any messages being blocked by the receiving carrier for violating their policies. You can accomplish this using the mail merge feature of our Bulk SMS product.
- Avoid Sending URLs, Email Addresses, or Phone Numbers – When possible, avoid including these in your bulk SMS blasts. But if it’s required information fo your SMS, make sure the carrier can track it back to you, meaning, make sure the URL is your company/or relatable name. The more they know about you, the more they’ll be interested in sending your message through.
The standard SMS is 160 GSM characters or 70 characters when sending any unicode characters (Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.).
Red Oxygen supports messages of up to 765 characters, sent as 5 SMS. If you regularly send messages of similar length reach out to your sales rep to make sure your account is set up to be the most efficient.
This service is only supported on on SharePoint.
The provider URL is: https://www2.redoxygen.net/oms/service.asmx.
Only account admin can activate call forwarding on your dedicated number/s by following the instructions below.
- Step 1 – Log into admin account.
- Step 2 – Scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Dedicated Numbers” section.
- Step 3 – Click the “Add Number” hyperlink.
- Step 4 – In the “Call forwarding number: +” field, input the desired number for inbound calls to your dedicated number to be forwarded to. (Note: The number you input must be formatted with a “1” for the country code as the first digit. (i.e., 17129651234.)
- Step 5 – Click the “Submit” button.
If you have questions or encounter difficulties, please submit a support ticket or LiveChat.
As Australia’s Spam Act is the most secure and strict, Red Oxygen uses this as our baseline for compliance.
The CTIA guide is a good reference as well.
A dedicated number is the most likely culprit.
Dedicated numbers are great for easy identification by customers on their caller ID, they can be stored in contacts to be used for future communications. They can even be published on collateral, business cards or websites and the SMS will always be directed back to you.
BUT they (dedicated and dedicated pool numbers) only work if you’re having the replies go to your email inbox (you’ll need to update that setting in your user profile).
If you’d prefer to replies be directed to your phone then you’ll need to drop the dedicated number. Without a dedicated number your message will go out on one of Red Oxygen’s one-off numbers, you will then be able to receive replies on your phone (or email, if you wish), though the connection expires after 90 days.
If you’d like to use your dedicated number, you’ll need to select for replies to go to your email only.
If you’re still having a reply issue, submit a support ticket and they’ll gladly check it out.
If you live in the U.S. you have to have a dedicated number or dedicated pool of numbers, so the ‘reply to phone’ will not work at all.
Submit a ticket to have your password reset.
Just a reminder: if you’re an admin you have two passwords, one for your admin access, and one for user access so you can send messages. These can be the same, you’ll just need to remember to tell support to reset both.