Dedicated Numbers & Call Forwarding
Static, unique phone numbers can be purchased to use for all your inbound and outbound messaging. They’re an optional extra, if you want more than come with your selected Red Oxygen plan. Without one, your outgoing SMS will be delivered to recipients from different numbers every time. Although message recipients can still reply back to you through these one-off numbers, the connections will expire after 90 days.
You can also choose to have a dedicated number with a local area code, a perfect way for companies to provide that local-peace-of-mind for recipients. Who wants to hear from a dentist in a different state?
Dedicated SMS numbers are an ideal solution for:
- Medical and dental providers: Send reminders for upcoming appointments on the schedule that works for your practice. Capture patient confirmations with two-way capabilities.
- Banks and financial institutions: Alert clients to log-ins or suspicious activity to enhance fraud protection. Notify clients when statements are available or when they’ve triggered a low-balance threshold.
- Supply chain and logistics professionals: Acknowledge customer deliveries and provide shipment alerts. Keep drivers informed about hazards and road conditions impacting deliveries.
- Manufacturing companies: Let customers know about low-stock items or production delays. Alert employees to shift or schedule changes or available overtime.
- Law firms and courts: Relay case status or send billing and appointment reminders. Notify jurors and attorneys of closures or court case schedule changes.
- Hospitality providers: Use a branded number to communicate registration details and local information. Remind guests of amenities like spa services and tour-booking assistance.
Each dedicated number is assigned to a single email address, providing recipients with a direct line of communication to the specific sender. For this reason, companies often assign a dedicated number to each of their sales reps or branch locations. Please see the link below for availability and rates in your country.
With a dedicated number, you have the option to activate call forwarding on it to route all inbound phone calls to a number of your choosing, such as an office landline, switchboard or cell phone. This way, recipients of your SMS can call you at the same number your message is delivered to them from. Without call forwarding activated, people who call your dedicated number won’t make it through to you.
Call forwarding service from Red Oxygen make it easy for businesses in many industries to:
- Answer customer-initiated calls faster.
- Provide better and more responsive customer service.
- Route calls directly to the appropriate person, branch or department.
- Centralize communications around specific initiatives.
- Conduct operations from their office or in the field.
Call forwarding is available in the United States, Canada and Australia. View our pricing page for individual country call forwarding pricing. For landlines, contact us for reduced rates.
Dedicated Numbers and Call Forwarding Explained
Activate Your Call Forwarding!
The admin of your account can activate call forwarding on your dedicated number(s) by following the instructions below.
- Step 1 – Log into your account.
- Step 2 – Scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Dedicated Numbers” section.
- Step 3 – Click the “Add Number” hyperlink.
- Step 4 – In the “Call forwarding number: +” field, input the desired number for inbound calls to your dedicated number to be forwarded to. (Note: The number you input must be formatted with a “1” for the country code as the first digit. For example,17129651234.)
- Step 5 – Click the “Submit” button.
If you have questions or encounter difficulties, please get in touch with support here or Live Chat.